Thousands of mothers across the country are in the same situation. Pampers recently sponsored a survey of more than 1,000 moms with little ones ages 3 and younger to find what they're doing so baby rests comfortably, even at 3 a.m., and mom and dad can enjoy that elusive full night's sleep. Here are some of their responses.
* Check the diaper. Surveyed moms said the leading technique to keep a baby sleeping at 3 a.m. is to wrap him or her in a dry diaper at bed time. To meet this demand and ensure dry nights, Pampers has newly designed diapers across its entire line that provide up to 12 hours of overnight protection assuring your baby a dry, comfortable sleep.
* Take a moment to cuddle. Spending time holding your child not only helps you develop a strong bond, it lets your baby unwind after a busy day of new sensations. Make sure cuddling time is soothing and relaxes your baby, preparing him or her for sleep.
* A little white noise never hurts. Eighteen percent of surveyed parents recommended sound machines. Remember that your baby was used to a lot of noise inside the womb and may have trouble falling asleep in total silence. Put your baby to bed drowsy but awake; this will help him or her associate bed with sleep and the sound machine will provide the necessary white noise he or she is used to.
* Make reading a routine. Your baby will fall asleep more quickly at night if you establish a routine that he or she can associate with sleep. Reading to your child can be a great addition to your routine. Read in a soft voice to sooth your little one and read for a set period of time, keeping the routine in place each night.
* Incorporate low-key music. If your baby does wake up in the middle of the night, engaging him or her in low-key activities will help baby return to sleep faster. Dim the lights while you tend to your baby, speak quietly and move slowly. If baby requires your presence for a longer period of time - such as for feeding - soft, smooth music is a great choice. It offers the low-key noise baby wants and is more entertaining for mom.
Helping your baby get a good night's sleep is crucial for their development and your health as well. Remember that your little one is flooded with new stimulation every day and the best thing you can do to encourage sleep is establish a soothing, comfortable routine for your child. To learn more about Pampers and the major, meaningful upgrades across its entire line of diapers, visit www.pampers.com.